We find ourselves thinking so much about the past, whether successes or failures that we fail to look toward the future. In the first 11 verses Paul explains that the past should be cast in the dung heap. We must look toward the future and what we can do to further God's kingdom.
I. WE MUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD IN OUR WALK WITH CHRIST VS 1-11
A. There were those who were saying you must be circumcised in order to be saved.
1. Many today are wanting to add something else to the cross of Christ in order to be saved.
2. Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." It isn't a matter of any works we perform, but the work that Christ performed for us on the cross.
A. Paul describes the true believer in 3 ways.
1. Their worship of God is directed by the Holy Spirit.
2. Real Christians rejoice in christ.
3. The real Christians have their confidence in God, not in their flesh.